Philanthropy has been and continues to be a major part of Paula’s life. She was a founding Co-Chair of the Women’s Health and Empowerment Circle at the Foundation of Virginia Hospital Center, where Paula had live-saving open-heart surgery in 2007.
Among her other interests is a lifelong passion for Eastern European culture, particularly the music and dances of the Balkans. Having studied since the age of eight, Paula has a long history of instrumental, dance, and vocal stage performances with several cultural ensembles. She has performed at the Croatian Embassy and European Union Mission in Washington, D.C. She also recently joined the inaugural Board of Directors of the Pittsburgh International Folk Arts Institute and is serving on its Development Committee.
• 15 years of capital markets experience in equity research and investment banking
• Key competencies include strategy, communication, business development, financial analysis, and public speaking
• Frequent speaker at real estate industry conferences
• Alumna of The Wharton School
• MBA, Finance Major with concentration in Strategic Management and considerable real estate course work
• BS, Economics Major with concentration in Accounting
STOV was founded and is led by its President, Paula Jean Poskon. She has extensive relationships with institutional investors, company executives, institutional sales and trading specialists, and financial advisers. Throughout the past decade, Paula specialized in real estate investment trusts (REITs) with a focus on the apartment, manufactured housing, student housing, and self-storage sectors. She was named No. 3 on The Wall Street Journal’s “Best on the Street” among real estate analysts for 2009 and No. 2 among real estate analysts for stock-picking in 2011 by StarMine. She spent 5 years at Lehman Brothers, followed by 9 years at Robert W. Baird & Co.
STOV Advisory Services LLC